The Health Promotion and Social Marketing Team designs, delivers and evaluates diverse health promotion programming, provides up to date health information and serves as a referral source for important health issues. You can even request a workshop or a presentation for your organization, school or group.
• Health Promotion
• Worksite Wellness
• Chronic Disease Education
• Drowning Prevention
• Public Information and Media Relations
• Teen Health Program
• Teen Dating Violence Prevention
• Outreach Planning Group (health fairs/community health events)
• Tobacco Prevention Program
• Social Marketing
Social Marketing is the use of marketing techniques to influence behavior in order to achieve a social goal, in our case our goal is health. In addition to health education, our office works to promote good health through social marketing campaigns. Our team uses knowledge, skill and creativity to conceptualize public health campaigns and communicate the importance of health to the people of Broward County.
Florida Department of Health in Broward County – Current Health Communication Campaigns:
• Colon Cancer Prevention Campaign (English (image) and Spanish (image) )
• Colon Cancer Prevention Radio Advertising
• Water Smart Babies Guide.8 meg
Drowning Prevention information - Children 1-4
• Walk Aware -Health Awareness Event for Teens in Broward County1.5 meg
Graphics/Logo 975 kb
• Take 3 Steps - H1N1 / Influenza Awareness Campaign - Materials
Multilingual resources for H1N1 pandemic flu information, include posters and brochures
• Hepatitis Awareness Campaign (English (image) and Spanish (image))
• Tobacco Free Florida
• S-Men Campaign
Social marketing campaign aimed at promoting a SAFER, HEALTHIER, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) community, TOGETHER in Broward County. Programs are tailored to reducing risky behaviors within the LGBTQ community. Visit us at www.S-MEN.org for more information or call Mario Caicedo at 954-630-1655
What is Public Health?
You might think we’re one of the healthiest nations, but we’re not. Compared to other developed nations, we’re lagging far behind. It doesn’t have to be this way. We can make this the healthiest nation in one generation. Committing to a healthier America, Florida and Broward County is something we all can do.
First, support public health – from the local health center to the neighborhood park. A healthier America won’t be possible without the support of our community. Second, adopt a healthier lifestyle. Encourage others to do the same. Help us teach a new generation that simple actions – like not smoking and eating healthy – lead to a happier, longer and more productive life. After all, healthy children will become healthy adults. All you have to do now is join us to make good health a reality.
Follow us on the net! (Coming Soon)
• Follow the Florida Department of Health in Broward County on Twitter (Coming Soon)
• Join the Florida Department of Health in Broward County on Facebook (Coming Soon)
Office of Health Promotion and Social Marketing
Florida Department of Health in Broward County
780 SW 24th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Telephone Number: (954) 467-4807
Fax Number: (954) 467-4785